On November 5, 2018 Sonoma City, California adopted an urgency ordinance, 07-2018, to protect its interests and the interests of its residents from the assault by the telecommunications giants and their cell antennas in the public right of way.
You can download the signed ordinance 07-2018 from the City’s web page:
or this web page:
Here is info on Sonoma City. Elk Grove officials need to read it and adopt the same thing!!!!
- Sonoma City, California– elements of Sonoma City Ordinance– Nov 5, 2018
- All wireless facilities including “Small Cells” are subject to a use permit by the planning commission (other than co-location)
- Location in the least intrusive area
- RF Exposure compliance report
- Notice to all property owners within 500 feet of proposed wireless facility
- Pole mounted WTF are no less than 1,500 feet apart
- No WTF permitted in a residential district
- Report analyzing acoustic levels
Keep in mind that Verizon is requesting residential cell towers now and it is working its way through the process . To see progress go to: